Friday, April 24, 2009

Smoothies

I had a request for smoothie recipes. Unfortunately, I never measure when I cook and can't even take a guess here. Here is what I put in though.

The one rule when making smoothies is using extremely ripe fruit. The fruit that you think has gone bad and would never eat, goes fabulously in a smoothie.

My favorite Smoothie
Milk
Orange juice concentrate (straight from the can no water added)
vanilla extract
Peaches (with out peal)
strawberries
blueberries
sugar (this depends on how sweet you like your smoothie)
whey protein powder (your smoothie won't taste as good with it, but it will stay with you longer)

If you use protein powder first add the milk and protein powder in a blender and blend for 1 full minute.
Then add vanilla and orange juice
then add fruit and ice

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I really want to start having smoothies with protein powder, but the stuff is kind of ick, so I think this will help a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMmmm! I love Smoothies. Thanks for reminding me. I do plan to post, I just need to get my stuff together...

    ReplyDelete