Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Crock pot Thai Curry

I'm not much of a meat and potatoes girl and I love to experiment when I cook. However, my husband is the pickiest eater I have ever known. That being said I may post a recipe that seems weird, but I will never post one my husband doesn't love. So even if your first thought is, REALLY? You still may want to give it a try. We had this for dinner tonight and loved it so much we stuffed ourselves silly.

The sauce in this recipe is to die for, so if the vegetable combo does not sound appealing to you try it on chicken and rice only. Plus Doctor Oz says that curry prevents Alzheimer's Disease.

In a medium bowl mix
1 can coconut milk (don't use the lite version, the fat in this is a healthy fat and the recipe is huge so the portion you will get is small.)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 T brown sugar
2 T curry powder (curry powder is not spicy)
5 dashes of cayenne pepper for mildly spicy (more or less for your taste)
salt and pepper

Put into a crock pot either
1 pound chicken (frozen is fine)
or
1 can garbanzo beans (for a meatless dinner)

Then add
1 green bell pepper
2 zucchini

pour sauce over all of it

On the top add one large sweet potato sliced
(I always thought I didn't like sweet potatoes but I love them in this)

Cook on high for 5 hours

Serve over rice with soy sauce

1 comment:

  1. I need to start eating more curry...I'm forgetful enough as is lol

    ReplyDelete