Thursday, May 7, 2009

Spinach Artichoke dip/pasta

This recipe is supposed to be similar to spinach artichoke dip but it is a pasta dish. Instead of an appetizer it is a complete meal with all of the food groups. I apologize, I don't know any of the exact measurements, but it is such a yummy recipe I had to post it.

Cooked cubed chicken breast
Tortellini
Canned artichokes
frozen spinach
butter
garlic (if I don't have fresh I just use garlic powder)
flour
milk
any Italian cheese
salt and pepper

Saute the chicken

Boil the tortellini according to package directions.

Microwave spinach until it is thawed out but not hot. Then squeeze out all the juice. This works well in a kitchen towel but will stain it. I just squeeze it over a colander.

Break up artichokes

For sauce:
melt butter in pan (1/4 to 1/2 cup)
add chopped garlic just for a minute or two (I use a lot but I really like garlic)
add flour to the pan and boil 1 minute more (1 to 2 T)
add milk to the pan and bring to a boil over medium heat no higher (2 cups, I am really not sure so if it is to thick just add more milk)
add spinach and artichokes
add Italian cheeses (about 1 cup, and more if you don't want to taste the spinach)
salt and pepper to taste

Pour the sauce over the pasta and chicken and mix well, enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. ok, this sounds soo delish. I will buy all the ingredients and have you over to cook it for me for lunch! I need exact measurements so if I watch you make it I should be fine.... Mmmm I am so hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete